Electrical Safety Tips
- Turn off power prior to unplugging or plugging in appliances.
- Plug in and unplug holding the plug securely, not the flexible cord.
- If the plug is tight in the socket, withdraw plug with an up-down motion, not side-to-side.
- Plug in high current items such as those with a heating element into their own wall socket (jugs, kettles, toasters, sandwich toasters, heaters, fan heaters and the like)
- Use a power board with overload and surge protection for low current electronic items only (computers and laptops, LCD and Plasma TVs, DVD/Video players, set top boxes and the like)
- Use one wall socket for each power board
- Install a cover to all unused electrical outlets
- Always use an expert to service any electrical appliances and wiring
- Use an RCD or Safety Switch at all times
- In the event of Electric Shock ALWAYS see your doctor within 24 hours.
To watch a video outlining more electrical safety tips, please click here.
Click here to read more on Electrical Safety