Can my Microwave really leak?
Whenever a microwave oven is turned on, radioactive energy is produced causing the water in food to vibrate rapidly. This rapid vibration produces heat, which in turn, cooks the food. The energy produced by microwaves can also penetrate through living tissue which is why excessive exposure is harmful to our health.
Slamming the oven door, dirt or food particles caught in the door seals and hinges, or basic wear and tear all cause the oven door to slightly separate from the oven enclosure. Once this happens, invisible, but highly dangerous microwaves leak through the small space and can cause irreversible damage and injury to the user.